Thursday 14 November 2013

PLANNING 3 - My Newscast Story

MY NEWSCAST STORY:


Well my news cast story is a hard news story and is about a London school called Harris Academy Upper Norwood which bans pupils from using slang words such as ‘innit’, ‘like’ and ‘bare’.


On top is an image of the other words that they are banned to speak of.

MY FEATURE:
When doing this story I will be covering it by doing a ‘vox pop’ which is when I go out and talk to the public but mainly to my target audience which is teenage girls and ask a quick question and listen to their quick views on this specific topic. The question that I want to ask is ‘Do you think the teenagers in this school are limited in their freedom of speech?’ I chose this question because it relates back to the teens in the audience for Fashionistaas.FM and includes the issue of not being able to use slang words, especially in an area like East London where slang is used a lot. 

MY ANGLE:
The angle that I have chosen to do this story at, is to teachers in the tower hamlets borough because I would like to see their views on whether they support in these kids not being able to express themselves in school or whether they think it is a good and methodical way of getting children to have a better vocabulary. I have also chosen to aim it at college students because I want to hear their views of how they would feel if they were in that position of these children, because some students may think that it is a good way of preparing for formal situations in the future.

Overall, when doing this I will be with my team mates because that way I will feel less uncomfortable when talking to the public and they can take images for the blog while I record so that I can use it as evidence. I chose to do this story because I believe that this is a good hard news story that can relate to our target audience and makes them want to see the different point of views of what people think on the issue. I also chose this because I found it interesting on how different it is to schools here in East London where there is more freedom and that students like me are welcome to use any word possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment